DUI Defense in Long Beach, CA
Understanding California Charges for Drunk Driving
DUI charges in Southern California usually consist of two parts:
- The first (DUI "per se") refers to driving a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08% or higher. This may occur even when a driver shows no signs of impairment whatsoever, as long as he/she has a level of alcohol in his/her blood above the legal limit.
- The second part refers to the actual impairment of abilities. This is charged when a driver is driving "under the influence" of alcohol and/or drugs. In this aspect of the charges, the important factor is proving that the driver's actions or abilities were influenced / impaired.
While Long Beach DUI arrests are fairly common, the amount of work and problems that a DUI lawyer may face are often varied and immense. Only a defense attorney who has experience and know-how—along with persistence and aggressive defense strategies—will be able to even have a chance of helping his/her client avoid the severe penalties that come with a DUI conviction.
We Are 100% Focused on DUI Defense
At Gold & Witham, our DUI lawyers only work on defending individuals arrested for driving under the influence in Southern California. Our practice is limited exclusively to DUI defense. By limiting our practice in this manner, we have been able to become extremely skilled and competent.
We can help people with charges involving the following:
- DUI of Drugs
- DUI Appeals / Expungement
- Vehicular Manslaughter
- DUI with Injury
- Felony DUI
- Multiple DUI Offenses
As our DUI attorneys have 40+ years of combined experience and are focused exclusively on DUI defense, we are able to stay ahead of California's changing drunk driving laws. Because of this, we can provide effective defense strategies that are in alignment with our clients' unique goals.
When you work with us, you can be confident knowing you have a heavyweight in your corner.
Long Beach DUI Defense Strategies
While each case we take on is unique, we have included some examples below of questions we may ask or factors that we may look into when defending a client facing DUI charges:
- Did the officer have probable cause to suspect that you were driving under the influence?
- Were field sobriety tests administered properly?
- Was a breath test or blood test administered properly?
- Was the breath test machine properly calibrated?
- Did external factors influence the outcome of a breath test?
- Were you read you Miranda rights?
- Were you informed of the consequences of refusing a chemical test?
Call the Proven DUI Defense Lawyers at Gold & Witham
Although a DUI case may be complicated and the outcome may seem to favor the prosecution, our DUI attorneys are often able to help clients reach positive outcomes for their cases.
If you would like to take advantage of our free case evaluation, do not hesitate to contact us!